Thursday, August 27, 2009

From Baguettes to Tapas!

Hola!
Estamos en Sevilla!

Let´s go back a few days...
Tuesday: Another full day to explore Paris!
A quick ride on the Paris metro took us to the Arc de Triomphe. I have now figured out the Paris metro system. It really reminds me of the NY subway, with the directional organizaton of the DC metro. It´s just as dirty as NYC if not worse, but I actually grew to like it and its character.
At the ticket office at the Arc, we realized I was the only one with an ID that showed my birthdate. Yes, I have had the passports in my secret pocket in my jeans the entire trip... and I´ve even slept on them a few nights. But, for some reason when I knew the room was safe I left them there, and when we needed them, we didn´t have them. To make things even more jolly the wonderful man at the ticket counter was an absolute self righteous .... yes yes. I got one youth, and one adult ticket, since Tori clearly looks 26 or older. The view was nice. Incredible actually.

I´d say the theme for the day was the Eiffel tower. Oh was it fun trying to get to the top of it. Which ticket? Another line? What? We weren´t the only ones who were confused, but we made it to the top however! And wow was that spectacular! The Arc de Triomphe no longer seemed high.
The rest of the day was spent around the Eiffel tower. After finally finding a public bathroom that was not being cleaned, or under construction, we stopped by a cafe for dinner. Afterwards we shared a bottle of wine in the grass waiting for the tower to light up. Seeing it finally light up and then sparkle was truly amazing. And so was when Tori and I sang the entire song 'Elephant Love Medley' from Moulin Rouge with complete disregard to how our lovely voices sounded to all the passing people.

Wednesday: Our last day in Paris was spent exploring and visiting the area of Montmartre and the Moulin Rouge. I really enjoyed Montmartre and the Basilica of the Sacre Coeur. After a lot of consideration I decided I´d have to leave a trip to Versailles to next time. We had planned it out, unfortunately, there was a lot more we wanted to do in the city, and Versailles needs at least a day to enjoy. No regrets. I´ll be back!













Thursday: So now we have taken a short cut. We skipped the long train rides and all of the Southern France area to fly down to Sevilla! Let´s just say I´m extremely jealous that my sister Farin studied abroad here for a semester.

The hostel is literally in the middle of the shopping district. Oh no, Tori! We are surrounded by beautiful Spanish architecture and delicious cafes. The city is incredibly beautiful. So off we go to explore some more! And hopefully see some Flemanco dancers. Ooh la la!

- M

3 comments:

  1. You all take wonderfully creative pictures :) All my love to spain. Xo -Desi
    PS Let me know when that return trip to Versailles is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful update on your travels! The pics are fabulous. It was so wonderful to hear VR's voice yesterday. Spain promises to hold spectacular scenery, excellent food and beautiful people! Love & Hugs to you both. XXOO, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola - Nice update and beautiful pictures from Paris. I would love to have seen a video of the two of you singing beneath the Eiffel Tower - I bet that was a hoot. Sounds like you are having lots of fun in Seville. Spain is beautiful especially when you get to the coast. Keep up the blog. Nos encanta y te extraño mucho - Dad.

    ReplyDelete